Garden Hotel Shanghai

Hotel Recommendations Add comments

Garden Hotel Shanghai - on

At the end of Opium war in 1842, foreigners flowed into the port city of Shanghai. After the British built the British Settlement, the French established their own concession. In 1900, about 600 French lived in the French Concession, but in 1920’s, it was over 3.500. the French Club was built in 1926 by French architects, along the main boulevard of the French concession, Avenue Joffre, now which is called Huai hai zhong Road.
In the 1920’s, the garden used to be a sports field. One could play tennis an d”petanque” in the Garden.
In the 1950’s there was a domed pavilion built in the center of garden to match these on the club roof. Because, formerly, there were two on either side of the roof which where demolished in 1949.

Tel: 86(21)-6415-1111


Add: 58 Mao Ming Road (S.), Shanghai.

Shanghai Tour Guide Quote

Comments are closed.

WP Theme & Icons by N.Design Studio
Entries RSS Comments RSS Log in